Programme Committee: Zlatko Fras (chairman), Matjaž Bunc, Marko Noč, Matjaž Šinkovec
|20. september 2018|
|18.00-18.15||Welcome address and opening of the meeting|
Zlatko Fras, President - Slovenian Society of Cardiology
|18.15-18.45||Invited plenary lecture: Is it better to prevent or should we intervene - what contributes more to outcomes in cardiology?|
|18.45-20.15||Expert panel presentations & discussion: CVD practice / prevention - country presentations|
Panelists from different countries - Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic
- How is CVD primary and secondary prevention organized in the country?
- What is in focus in the country - a CVD prevention or intervention?
- What are the highlights/biggest achievements in CVD prevention and/or intervention in the country?
- Which steps are taken in the country in order to improve the situation in CVD treatment and prevention?
- Differences between ESC guidelines for CVD prevention and the real clinical practice / the reasons for these differences?
|21. september 2018|
|8.30-14.30||Advances in cardiology - Clinical practice experience and how best to implement guidelines and recommendations|
|Invited plenary lectures|
|8.30-9.00||Centralized postresuscitation treatment of patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest - Ljubljana experience|
|9.00-9.30||Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in patients with profound cardiorespiratory failure|
|9.30-10.00||Management of advanced heart failure|
|11.00-11.30||Management of pregnant women with heart disease|
|11.30-12.00||Present role and vision on the treatment of aortic stenosis with TAVI|
|12.00-12.30||Contemporary issues in cardiac pacing|
|13.00-13.30||Taming the electrical storm: role of catheter ablation|
|13.30-14.00||Atrial fibrillation treatment - ablation vs. medial approach|
Faculty: Matjaž Bunc, Zlatko Fras, Mirta Koželj, Marko Noč, Peter Radšel, Matjaž Šinkovec, Jerneja Tasič, Bojan Vrtovec
The symposium is supported by KRKA Pharmaceutical Company by providing the unrestricted educational grant to the Slovenian Society of Cardiology.